A lil piece of me

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010 everyone!

So it's been a really long time since I've posted.  I'm going to try this year to blog more.  I tend to slack on this!  Well I thought I'd go ahead and write a couple of my new years resolutions.  I didn't make very many this year just because I know if I do, I don't follow through very well. My first one is to try and read 100 books this year.  I set my goal at 50 last year (in july mind you) and ended up reading 80 or so.  I feel pretty confident in this goal.  And I'm almost done with 2 books already!  Also, I always make one about dieting but this year instead of saying I want to lose 30 more pounds (which I do) I'm going to say I would like to be 10-15 lbs less than my current weight by the end of the year.  Yes that sounds like a weird goal but I know that I only diet for 1/2 a year or sometimes less so why go overboard with saying I want to stay at my goal weight even through the holidays.  This last year I lost a total of 30 lbs but I have only gained 10 back.  So being 20 lbs lighter than this time last year makes me realize I should set smaller long term goals and maybe if I slowly get used to pulling the weight off, I will keep it off easier and longer if I do it in 10-15 lbs a year.  So maybe in a couple more years...I can easily maintain my goal weight!  (still a longshot but worth a new approach!) I would also like to pay off our new furniture this year, and pay extra towards our new car and have a savings started (like a real one...not just a couple bucks like I normally have!)  So hopefully I can obtain a few of these things..(or all would be nice!)  Well hope everyone had a great holiday and I'm getting excited to get to work on these new goals this year and I'll be curious to see how well I do at them! 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2010 at 11:37 PM , Blogger rodeorat00 said...

I finally read it yay!!! At least one of us still blogs! Glad to hear ur goals bestie...I'll hold u accountable, well for sum of em, if you hold me accountable for sum of mine! Love ya! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home